Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1 - The Fit Test

I just finished Day 1 of the "Insanity" work outs.  My hands are shaking and I'm seeing stars, but I'm still alive.  Shaun T and his extra fit helpers have you start out with a Fit Test to see how exactly in (or out) of shape you are.  You try to do so many reps of some awkward exercise for one minute and hopefully you improve throughout the 60 days.  They tell you to do as many reps as you can as fast as you can, but I found that didn't really work for me.  I was going so fast I wasn't doing the moves correctly and then I just wore myself out.  I think the key for me is to do the exercises slowly, but correctly...that way I won't be flailing around the living room.  It probably didn't help that I did 45 minutes of kickboxing right after work either.

So...my fat cat Tater thinks he's going to be a big helper during this 60 day experiment.  It seems like every time I exercise in the living room he all of a sudden becomes very cuddly and attaches himself to my leg at very inconvenient times.  Any other time he has nothing to do with me unless I have food.  I'm just going to pretend he's giving me encouragement and hope that he doesn't get squashed.

The day is almost over, tomorrow is when the real fun begins...I'm planning on not being able to use my arms or legs due to extreme pain, but I'm excited to start the real work outs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment